Thursday, October 4, 2012

One-Monthsary

Alhamdulillah,

I managed to survive up until one month and hopefully for many more months ahead inshaAllah :)


This week [week 4] marks the end of impromptu speech assessment which carries 10% from the overall marks for this subject. Only one class left with a set of students who are not yet finished.

Overall impression by me:

There's a gap between those who really know English well and those who experience a bit of a difficulty in apprehending simple rules of English, for example; singular vs plural, tenses, pronunciation of basic words.

It's a bit tricky because I need to pay extra attention to those who understand less but at the same time, not keeping the better ones bored. Nevertheless, I need to come up with lots of activities so that they can brush up their English, like on a 360 degree scale. Pray for me!

I want to leave an impact to these people so that they will be prepared with the real world. They need not remember me but they must have a little bit of motivation once they face the real THING. From what I heard listening to their speeches, some of them are still living in a fairy-tale and that is not so good.

On another note, I gave a second chance to re-DO the speech if anyone was not satisfied with their performances. I didn't reveal their first mark and turns out, voila! All of those who wanted a re-DO, managed to get higher marks than before. Congratulations to them!

I don't know what they think of me though. Maybe I'm the most boring-est teacher they have ever encountered but yeah....DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?  *vain me iz vain*


Having to face these people, men especially, is a tough challenge for me. I'm awkward being amongst them but I try really hard to keep cool in front of them. I think that is my X factor...pretending to be calm and cool while inside.....gahh!

Next week is another new chapter. Not sure whether I want to straight away start on chapter two or do some beneficial game-related activities with them.....game lah kot kan?

That's all for Y1 students....Moving on with Y2 class, we have started on Literature Review and the group I assigned to present did a great job. The reason I made them present is because I wanted to see whether they could understand what they read or not so I just interjected in certain aspects. Added a little bit more and asked them (all the students) some questions and all of them seem like they understood. Let's see the outcome in their first draft...ho..ho


We will start on Research Methodology next week and hopefully after that, they can start with their first draft and instrumentation, inshaAllah. I like this class because they understand things fast...hi..hi...senang hidup i olls yg xde pengalaman ni. It's a good thing the one who taught me R.M was a very good lecturer!

Till then,

KEEP CALM AND TEACH ON~~

No comments:

Post a Comment