Monday, September 24, 2012

Introduction

Salam and hello everyone!

I'm W and you can call me Miss W. I'm currently teaching English in a university somewhere in Malaysia :)

Truth be told, this is my first time teaching....meaning, first time ever! Never in my life had I thought that I would land on this profession. Why so?

Long story short, I am a well-reserved person who was very passive in class when I was a student. The character somehow was imprinted on me after I graduated and landed on my first job....which was way different from teaching....way way different. It was something I'm confident in doing.

What were my emotions having to know that I will start teaching a bunch of university students?

Terrified! Felt like dying! Butterflies, bees and cockroaches in my stomach! Upmost nervousness I tell ya!

But I just went my with guts, recited my prayers and walked into my first class LIKE A BOSS. I was all shaky, nervous, making monologues while students were staring at me like I'm an alien who just came down to earth...or so I thought, LOL! Did some introductory regarding the course, had ice-breaking session and voila! Nervousness started to reduce little by little. Entered my other classes and did the same with slightly little modifications from one class to another  [first class made me realize where I should improve on so I'd try to avoid certain things during the next class]

I have been blogging since 2008 but this is my first time to actually create a special blog dedicated to my present journey as a teacher.

I would love to record my amazing [tettttt] experience so that one day I can look back and see how far I've gone from this point onwards :)

Till then,

KEEP CALM AND TEACH ON <3


1 comment: